- "I came with no expectations and even less experience of specifically working on my voice. What a relevation a perfect... Read more
- "I have never learned so much in one week before! About myself, about my voice, about the magic of words... Read more
- "I had an 'inkling in my gut' to come here. Like an odyssey. And that inkling turned out to be... Read more
- "...a wonderful artistic voice centre!...a supportive and inspiring environment...Kristin - you have nurtuted and challenged me. Rena- fantastic food!!...such care... Read more
- "I have loved the journey to Orkney, and travelling the distance has opened up possibilities for an inner journey. Nothing... Read more
- "In just four days I have changed shape, inside and out. My voice feels and sounds stronger and more me,... Read more
- "I'm nearly 50 now, have been a professional voice-over artist for more than 20 years and have enjoyed significant success,... Read more
- "I have learned I can work in a group of thirteen people and like all of them! - C.H.... Read more
- "I have loved the experience of becoming more connected with my body, my breath, my self. I know I will... Read more
- "I have had a wonderful time on this course - Kristin is a ninja of voice...C.M.... Read more
- "Just great. Exploration, discovery, fun; made me feel so welcome by everyone;stretched in every way - I can't wait to... Read more
- "Such a wonderful week of vocal discovery, body awareness, breath galore and great company - the joy, the laughter, the... Read more
- "Well, what an experience! Never to be forgotten. It was an honour and a pleasure to experience the Introductory Voice... Read more
- "It's my first time in this Scottish land and the first time I spoke Shakespeare in English - my favourite... Read more
- "Thank you so much, Kristin. I have a new relationship with myself: with my sacrum, vertebrae, whole spine: my breath!... Read more
- "Now winter nights enlarge... come and work with Kristin on Shakespeare's Sonnet, Speeches and Scenes and your nights will be... Read more
- "I got drunk on the words. I ate them. I felt them fill my belly and nourish my body. Thank... Read more
- "This Shakespeare week was magical. Thank you from the bottom of heart, from my spine, nervous system and brain for... Read more
- "The studio is beautiful - loved doing warm-ups and sonnets in the face of nature, the angry skies, the pounding... Read more
- "You have had a profound impact of my work as a teacher and director, and on my relationship to language... Read more
- "This has been a 25-year journey to Shakespeare. It was everything I could have hoped for - and more. To... Read more
- "Being in Orkney adds such a special flavour - re-connected me to the nature that's so alive in Shakespeare's plays.... Read more
- "This week was most needed as I prepare to audition for Graduate programs in the USA. My classmates were amazingly... Read more
- "Dear Kristin, Thank you for sharing your passion and reinvigorating our craft. Your tenacity and vigor has transformed our practice... Read more
- " You and your work has given me a language and a confidence to trust my perception, my impulses, my self... Read more
- " I go through the warm up before rehearsing and performing,I use 'Devices' for text work to approach new text -... Read more
- "The great irony is that I have found my voice ... and can't find the words to voice a response.... Read more
Opportunities for Orkney Residents to participate in Linklater Voice at KLVC.
Kristin offers free places when available in her voice and acting workshops. Potentially, two or more free places on any or all the KLVC workshops will be open to local residents. See our Prospectus for workshop descriptions.
Workshops typically run from Monday through to midday Saturday, with a free day on Thursday. Applicants must be prepared for a full commitment to the week long, 7 hours a day schedule. Lunch is provided and there is an option to stay on for the evening meal.
If you would like us to add your name to our list of interested local residents please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include a short personal statement that tells us something about your background and why you wish to attend a workshop.
-- Kristin Linklater
WE ARE LOOKING FOR PRACTICE STUDENTS FOR OUR TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM FOR SUMMER 2017!
Our teacher trainees are required to demonstrate their ability to teach the full progression of voice exercises known as Freeing the Natural Voice in the course of a weeklong workshop. They need practice students who can commit to morning classes from 9am to 1pm each day. In addition to the daily group class each practice student will have a personal teacher who will give a private tutorial daily. Private lessons may be scheduled up to 3pm. Lunch of soup and bannocks will be provided.
CONFIRMED DATES: WEDNESDAY 2ND AUGUST - TUESDAY 8TH AUGUST 2017
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested and available for these dates, or if you require more information.
-- Kristin Linklater
I use some of the exercises every day. I was recently at a meeting where I could be heard above the hubbub when I chose, when previously I would have had to shout.
-- Orkney Resident teacher, performer, singer