- "I came with no expectations and even less experience of specifically working on my voice. What a relevation a perfect... Read more
- "I have never learned so much in one week before! About myself, about my voice, about the magic of words... Read more
- "I had an 'inkling in my gut' to come here. Like an odyssey. And that inkling turned out to be... Read more
- "...a wonderful artistic voice centre!...a supportive and inspiring environment...Kristin - you have nurtuted and challenged me. Rena- fantastic food!!...such care... Read more
- "I have loved the journey to Orkney, and travelling the distance has opened up possibilities for an inner journey. Nothing... Read more
- "In just four days I have changed shape, inside and out. My voice feels and sounds stronger and more me,... Read more
- "I'm nearly 50 now, have been a professional voice-over artist for more than 20 years and have enjoyed significant success,... Read more
- "I have learned I can work in a group of thirteen people and like all of them! - C.H.... Read more
- "I have loved the experience of becoming more connected with my body, my breath, my self. I know I will... Read more
- "I have had a wonderful time on this course - Kristin is a ninja of voice...C.M.... Read more
- "Just great. Exploration, discovery, fun; made me feel so welcome by everyone;stretched in every way - I can't wait to... Read more
- "Such a wonderful week of vocal discovery, body awareness, breath galore and great company - the joy, the laughter, the... Read more
- "Well, what an experience! Never to be forgotten. It was an honour and a pleasure to experience the Introductory Voice... Read more
- "It's my first time in this Scottish land and the first time I spoke Shakespeare in English - my favourite... Read more
- "Thank you so much, Kristin. I have a new relationship with myself: with my sacrum, vertebrae, whole spine: my breath!... Read more
- "Now winter nights enlarge... come and work with Kristin on Shakespeare's Sonnet, Speeches and Scenes and your nights will be... Read more
- "I got drunk on the words. I ate them. I felt them fill my belly and nourish my body. Thank... Read more
- "This Shakespeare week was magical. Thank you from the bottom of heart, from my spine, nervous system and brain for... Read more
- "The studio is beautiful - loved doing warm-ups and sonnets in the face of nature, the angry skies, the pounding... Read more
- "You have had a profound impact of my work as a teacher and director, and on my relationship to language... Read more
- "This has been a 25-year journey to Shakespeare. It was everything I could have hoped for - and more. To... Read more
- "Being in Orkney adds such a special flavour - re-connected me to the nature that's so alive in Shakespeare's plays.... Read more
- "This week was most needed as I prepare to audition for Graduate programs in the USA. My classmates were amazingly... Read more
- "Dear Kristin, Thank you for sharing your passion and reinvigorating our craft. Your tenacity and vigor has transformed our practice... Read more
- " You and your work has given me a language and a confidence to trust my perception, my impulses, my self... Read more
- " I go through the warm up before rehearsing and performing,I use 'Devices' for text work to approach new text -... Read more
- "The great irony is that I have found my voice ... and can't find the words to voice a response.... Read more
Mark interviews Kristin...
Posted by KLVC Team on July 27, 2017
The 21st Century Creative
Mark McGuinness, a recent student at the Kristin Linklater Voice Centre, has published his 'Freeing the Natural Voice interview with Kristin Linklater' podcast on iTunes. This interview is part of Mark's first season.
You can listen HERE
Competition now ended.
The 21st Century Creative
2018 Workshops Prospectus
Posted by KLVC Team on July 17, 2017
Here are the Kristin Linklater Voice Center workshop offerings for the first five months of 2018.
To secure your place on any of these workshops please go directly to our workshops and tuition page to make your booking and deposit.
Sunshine, sound and movement...
Posted by KLVC Team on July 15, 2017
Comedy in Shakespeare week
Posted by KLVC Team on July 09, 2017
This was Comedy in Shakespeare week and the group was 'in good fooling.' Merry kept bodies dancing and brains whirling with word-play games. KL did character dreams, on-your-feet scene work and instant acting. It was a joyful week. Most people had been here two or three times before, there were six DLTs present and a good relaxed feeling of being with old friends. Spain, Germany, Finland, Russia, France, the USA and the UK were represented. There was a lot of laughter. Oh - and we had a wickedly raucous evening of Charades!
Get to know your voice - it's strong, it's resilient, it's expressive, it's you...
-- Kristin Linklater