- "I came with no expectations and even less experience of specifically working on my voice. What a relevation a perfect... Read more
- "I have never learned so much in one week before! About myself, about my voice, about the magic of words... Read more
- "I had an 'inkling in my gut' to come here. Like an odyssey. And that inkling turned out to be... Read more
- "...a wonderful artistic voice centre!...a supportive and inspiring environment...Kristin - you have nurtuted and challenged me. Rena- fantastic food!!...such care... Read more
- "I have loved the journey to Orkney, and travelling the distance has opened up possibilities for an inner journey. Nothing... Read more
- "In just four days I have changed shape, inside and out. My voice feels and sounds stronger and more me,... Read more
- "I'm nearly 50 now, have been a professional voice-over artist for more than 20 years and have enjoyed significant success,... Read more
- "I have learned I can work in a group of thirteen people and like all of them! - C.H.... Read more
- "I have loved the experience of becoming more connected with my body, my breath, my self. I know I will... Read more
- "I have had a wonderful time on this course - Kristin is a ninja of voice...C.M.... Read more
- "Just great. Exploration, discovery, fun; made me feel so welcome by everyone;stretched in every way - I can't wait to... Read more
- "Such a wonderful week of vocal discovery, body awareness, breath galore and great company - the joy, the laughter, the... Read more
- "Well, what an experience! Never to be forgotten. It was an honour and a pleasure to experience the Introductory Voice... Read more
- "It's my first time in this Scottish land and the first time I spoke Shakespeare in English - my favourite... Read more
- "Thank you so much, Kristin. I have a new relationship with myself: with my sacrum, vertebrae, whole spine: my breath!... Read more
- "Now winter nights enlarge... come and work with Kristin on Shakespeare's Sonnet, Speeches and Scenes and your nights will be... Read more
- "I got drunk on the words. I ate them. I felt them fill my belly and nourish my body. Thank... Read more
- "This Shakespeare week was magical. Thank you from the bottom of heart, from my spine, nervous system and brain for... Read more
- "The studio is beautiful - loved doing warm-ups and sonnets in the face of nature, the angry skies, the pounding... Read more
- "You have had a profound impact of my work as a teacher and director, and on my relationship to language... Read more
- "This has been a 25-year journey to Shakespeare. It was everything I could have hoped for - and more. To... Read more
- "Being in Orkney adds such a special flavour - re-connected me to the nature that's so alive in Shakespeare's plays.... Read more
- "This week was most needed as I prepare to audition for Graduate programs in the USA. My classmates were amazingly... Read more
- "Dear Kristin, Thank you for sharing your passion and reinvigorating our craft. Your tenacity and vigor has transformed our practice... Read more
- " You and your work has given me a language and a confidence to trust my perception, my impulses, my self... Read more
- " I go through the warm up before rehearsing and performing,I use 'Devices' for text work to approach new text -... Read more
- "The great irony is that I have found my voice ... and can't find the words to voice a response.... Read more
Riverstories . . .
Posted by KLVC Team on June 11, 2017
Riverstories group . . .
This group has plunged into some serious day-dreaming and surfaced with a rich catch of backstories for their characters. Titania, Biff, Mark Antony, Martha, Lopahin, Mary Stuart and two originals have emerged enriched from the subconscious minds of Russia, Austria, Bavaria, America, England and Scotland.
Toasting al fresco
Posted by KLVC Team on June 04, 2017
Continuing Professional Development workshop . . .
The organs and the diaphragm!
Toasting the new plantings at the pool.
Dining al fresco on a sunny Orkney evening.
Toasting the new
Orkney sun and Shakespeare
Posted by KLVC Team on May 27, 2017
This Introductory Shakespeare week was blessed with glorious weather. Outside on the grass sonnets blossomed and voices soared into the blue sky, over the fields to the hills of Hoy. We tackled verse and figures of speech and imagery and brought it all to embodied life warmed by the Orkney sun.
Advance Voice & Hootenanny...
Posted by KLVC Team on May 20, 2017
Advanced Voice, Technique & Text
Advanced Voice and Text with a delightfully vocal group - and yes, their voices have advanced enormously over the week. Their hootenanny evenings with guitar and fiddle have been high quality.
Get to know your voice - it's strong, it's resilient, it's expressive, it's you...
-- Kristin Linklater