- "I came with no expectations and even less experience of specifically working on my voice. What a relevation a perfect... Read more
- "I have never learned so much in one week before! About myself, about my voice, about the magic of words... Read more
- "I had an 'inkling in my gut' to come here. Like an odyssey. And that inkling turned out to be... Read more
- "...a wonderful artistic voice centre!...a supportive and inspiring environment...Kristin - you have nurtuted and challenged me. Rena- fantastic food!!...such care... Read more
- "I have loved the journey to Orkney, and travelling the distance has opened up possibilities for an inner journey. Nothing... Read more
- "In just four days I have changed shape, inside and out. My voice feels and sounds stronger and more me,... Read more
- "I'm nearly 50 now, have been a professional voice-over artist for more than 20 years and have enjoyed significant success,... Read more
- "I have learned I can work in a group of thirteen people and like all of them! - C.H.... Read more
- "I have loved the experience of becoming more connected with my body, my breath, my self. I know I will... Read more
- "I have had a wonderful time on this course - Kristin is a ninja of voice...C.M.... Read more
- "Just great. Exploration, discovery, fun; made me feel so welcome by everyone;stretched in every way - I can't wait to... Read more
- "Such a wonderful week of vocal discovery, body awareness, breath galore and great company - the joy, the laughter, the... Read more
- "Well, what an experience! Never to be forgotten. It was an honour and a pleasure to experience the Introductory Voice... Read more
- "It's my first time in this Scottish land and the first time I spoke Shakespeare in English - my favourite... Read more
- "Thank you so much, Kristin. I have a new relationship with myself: with my sacrum, vertebrae, whole spine: my breath!... Read more
- "Now winter nights enlarge... come and work with Kristin on Shakespeare's Sonnet, Speeches and Scenes and your nights will be... Read more
- "I got drunk on the words. I ate them. I felt them fill my belly and nourish my body. Thank... Read more
- "This Shakespeare week was magical. Thank you from the bottom of heart, from my spine, nervous system and brain for... Read more
- "The studio is beautiful - loved doing warm-ups and sonnets in the face of nature, the angry skies, the pounding... Read more
- "You have had a profound impact of my work as a teacher and director, and on my relationship to language... Read more
- "This has been a 25-year journey to Shakespeare. It was everything I could have hoped for - and more. To... Read more
- "Being in Orkney adds such a special flavour - re-connected me to the nature that's so alive in Shakespeare's plays.... Read more
- "This week was most needed as I prepare to audition for Graduate programs in the USA. My classmates were amazingly... Read more
- "Dear Kristin, Thank you for sharing your passion and reinvigorating our craft. Your tenacity and vigor has transformed our practice... Read more
- " You and your work has given me a language and a confidence to trust my perception, my impulses, my self... Read more
- " I go through the warm up before rehearsing and performing,I use 'Devices' for text work to approach new text -... Read more
- "The great irony is that I have found my voice ... and can't find the words to voice a response.... Read more
How Linklater Voice Can Work For You
Why are you interested in voice?
Professionally? Personally? Psychologically? Politically?
Yes - the subject of voice covers all these bases...
Professionally: Is the quality of your voice is holding you back from success or promotion? If you are a business woman—are you still sounding like a child with a thin, nasal or breathy voice? If you are a business man—is your voice dull though your ideas are exciting? At the Kristin Linklater Voice Centre, you can discover the inherent power of vocal communication and use it creatively to achieve your goals.
-- Shakespeare - Hamlet
Personally: are you happy with how you express yourself to your family and friends? Can you speak honestly when you want to? Linklater Voice training will help you answer these questions and solve the root problems in your personal communications. Perhaps your philosophy has been to be seen and not heard? Perhaps it is time to be seen and to be heard with the help of Linklater Voice.
Psychologically: is your voice caught in old, protective tones of justification, well-developed prevarication, false strength, pretended weakness, unreal brightness, breathy defensiveness? These tensions in vocal behaviour can be relaxed and you can regain the voice you were born with through the Linklater Voice Method.
Politically: Does it matter if I speak out in my community? (Whether my community is personal or professional or more). What do I want to say and how do I best convey the issues and the conviction I have? The Linklater Voice Method will equip and inspire you to speak to and for your community. Exploring your voice is a Pandora’s Box of possibilities!
Once you get to the point where your vulnerability is your strength, you’re in charge.
-- Kristin Linklater