- "I came with no expectations and even less experience of specifically working on my voice. What a relevation a perfect... Read more
- "I have never learned so much in one week before! About myself, about my voice, about the magic of words... Read more
- "I had an 'inkling in my gut' to come here. Like an odyssey. And that inkling turned out to be... Read more
- "...a wonderful artistic voice centre!...a supportive and inspiring environment...Kristin - you have nurtuted and challenged me. Rena- fantastic food!!...such care... Read more
- "I have loved the journey to Orkney, and travelling the distance has opened up possibilities for an inner journey. Nothing... Read more
- "In just four days I have changed shape, inside and out. My voice feels and sounds stronger and more me,... Read more
- "I'm nearly 50 now, have been a professional voice-over artist for more than 20 years and have enjoyed significant success,... Read more
- "I have learned I can work in a group of thirteen people and like all of them! - C.H.... Read more
- "I have loved the experience of becoming more connected with my body, my breath, my self. I know I will... Read more
- "I have had a wonderful time on this course - Kristin is a ninja of voice...C.M.... Read more
- "Just great. Exploration, discovery, fun; made me feel so welcome by everyone;stretched in every way - I can't wait to... Read more
- "Such a wonderful week of vocal discovery, body awareness, breath galore and great company - the joy, the laughter, the... Read more
- "Well, what an experience! Never to be forgotten. It was an honour and a pleasure to experience the Introductory Voice... Read more
- "It's my first time in this Scottish land and the first time I spoke Shakespeare in English - my favourite... Read more
- "Thank you so much, Kristin. I have a new relationship with myself: with my sacrum, vertebrae, whole spine: my breath!... Read more
- "Now winter nights enlarge... come and work with Kristin on Shakespeare's Sonnet, Speeches and Scenes and your nights will be... Read more
- "I got drunk on the words. I ate them. I felt them fill my belly and nourish my body. Thank... Read more
- "This Shakespeare week was magical. Thank you from the bottom of heart, from my spine, nervous system and brain for... Read more
- "The studio is beautiful - loved doing warm-ups and sonnets in the face of nature, the angry skies, the pounding... Read more
- "You have had a profound impact of my work as a teacher and director, and on my relationship to language... Read more
- "This has been a 25-year journey to Shakespeare. It was everything I could have hoped for - and more. To... Read more
- "Being in Orkney adds such a special flavour - re-connected me to the nature that's so alive in Shakespeare's plays.... Read more
- "This week was most needed as I prepare to audition for Graduate programs in the USA. My classmates were amazingly... Read more
- "Dear Kristin, Thank you for sharing your passion and reinvigorating our craft. Your tenacity and vigor has transformed our practice... Read more
- " You and your work has given me a language and a confidence to trust my perception, my impulses, my self... Read more
- " I go through the warm up before rehearsing and performing,I use 'Devices' for text work to approach new text -... Read more
- "The great irony is that I have found my voice ... and can't find the words to voice a response.... Read more
Located in the exhilarating and atmospheric islands of Orkney, Scotland, the Kristin Linklater Voice Centre is the only private, residential voice training campus in the UK. We offer intensive, retreat-style voice production workshops to drama students, theatre professionals and all types of public speakers. What is Linklater Voice... Also known as Freeing the Natural Voice, it is a clear, step-by-step method by which you can understand and improve your voice for any purpose. Linklater Voice reveals the power and pleasure of using your voice with authenticity and conviction. To learn more about freeing your natural voice come and find us—and find your authentic voice and your authentic self!
-- Shakespeare - Henry IV
Who Is Kristin Linklater?
A world-renowned teacher of voice, Kristin Linklater is one of the most recognised names in the field having published two industry leading textbooks. Kristin has trained over 150 teachers worldwide and assisted many high profile clients in their vocal performance, among them Alan Rickman, Donald Sutherland, Sigourney Weaver, Bill Murray and Kim Cattrall. Add your name to the list and find out how to train with Kristin...
-- Mary Irwin, Head of Voice and Speech, University of North Carolina School of the Arts
Linklater Voice Will Keep on Giving…
Kristin has established a wonderful social enterprise, set to make a real difference to performance culture. She will use a large proportion of her profits and much of her time to give back to our local Orkney performing arts, Scotland's drama scene and the global theatre community. Currently she is seeking supporters to help fund this exciting project—Want to know more?
-- Shakespeare - King Lear
Get to know your voice - it's strong, it's resilient, it's expressive, it's you...
-- Kristin Linklater